We have recently upgraded our backend to change the way you integrate Webmasters with RankWatch. The upgrade focuses on Security, Privacy and better integration of your Webmaster account. This has been carefully designed keeping in mind how important data security is and how we can make sure that it remains intact.
With the new integration method, RankWatch will get a privileged API access to your account at Google Webmasters, which significantly will improve our performance and also, improve the security of your data at RankWatch and at GWT (Google Search Console).
The API integration process is different from the way webmasters was integrated till date at RankWatch, and much more simplified.
Here is what you need to do to resume your integration of webmaster’s account with the dashboards with increased security and privacy:
1) You will have to click on the “Add Webmaster” option. This will display a popup where you need to login with your Gmail account linked to your webmaster.
2) You would then be redirected to a page which will ask for the permission. You simply need to click on “Allow”.
3) Once you follow the above steps, a message would pop up saying that the account has been successfully added.
*Note*- Even after completing the above steps, if your account is not integrated, there can be issues relating to the permissions, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
1. The account with which you have created your Webmaster login should be same as your Google account with which you are logged in while you are doing the integration.
2. It is absolutely necessary that while integrating the Webmasters you should not be logged into any other Google product apart from the Gmail account with Webmaster login which was created.
3. If the user has to integrate the Webmaster account for more than one projects they will have to do it for all accounts manually.
We have always been working to give the users the best we can. Our only aim remains to serve our users with data in the easiest form. We hope this change improved your user experience with us.
How did you feel about this? What were your experiences with the new feature? Share your thoughts with us to help us continue with serving you the best!
In case of any query, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org